Saturday, April 11, 2009

! FIGHTING in BLOODLINES !

The most entertaining and fun aspect of the Nightfall: Bloodlines application is attacking people.

The fight system can be confusing at times, with all the various powers and clan members used in each battle.

First thing's first, lets answer a few commonly asked questions before we discuss strategy.

Q: "How many can members do I use in a fight?"
A: The number of clan members that you use in each battle depends on your level and the number of 'purchased' zombies you have.

For each level your character has reached you can use 5 clan members in a battle. For example; if you are lvl 10 you can use 50 clan members (plus any zombies you have purchase using favor points in the "cabal" section.

Q: "How many powers do I use in a fight?"
A: Each clan member can use 1 Physical, 1 Sensory, and 1 Mystical power; the 'strongest' power is always selected first.

You powers are listed according to 'strength' in your "Powers" section; so " Silent Movement" is 'stronger than 'Beast Form' and will be issued to a clan member when you are in a fight. Continuing with that logic "claws" are stronger than "fangs" and will be issued to a clan member first.

The number of powers you use depends on the number of clan members you are using in a fight.

Lets use this in an example.

Lvl 38 Clan Size 367 with 95 Silent Movement, 95 Beast Form, 10 Claws, 55 Sense Vampire, 10 Charisma, 5 Sense Evil, 25 Cloak of Darkness, 300 Rat form.

This character will fight using 190 clan members and will fight with; 95 Silent Movement, 95 Beast Form, 0 Claws, 55 Sense Vampire, 10 Charisma, 5 Sense Evil, 25 Cloak of Darkness, 165 Rat form.


This character fought with 190 of their strongest powers that they had available, selected automatically by strength order.

Q: "What if my other clan member has powers I want to use, can I use them?"
A: No, you can only use the powers you have purchased.

Q: "Why can't I attack a lvl 12 when I am lvl 14?"
A: You can only attack those with a level -1 your level or greater. So if your target was lvl 13 then you could attack.

This makes fighting 'fair' and evens the playing field.

If you are brave enough to attack someone lvl 20 and you are lvl 14 you must remember that they will have 30 more clan members to use; so make sure they have a 70 member clan or less before you attack... or else you will almost guarantee a loss.

NOTE: Sometimes people do not arm their clan properly, or they do not have the income to do so. It is not impossible to defeat players w/ a higher level than you, however we recommend that you arm your clan the best you can before any fight.

-STRATEGY-

Q: "What are the best powers to use?"
A: There are no "best" powers, because your attribute points make your character just as much as your powers will.

For my character (Attributes: Attack 1, Defense: 102) the best powers to use are ones with a balance of high defense and high attack; A great offense is a solid defense.

Lvl 38 (Using 190 clan)
(Keep in mind I have a 100k hr income so I can afford to decently arm the 190 clan members I use)

So I buy:
50% Silent Movement (95) and 50% beast Form (95)
50% Sense Werewolf Movement (95) and 50% Cloud Minds (95)
100% Bat form (190)

I do a 50% / 50% purchase because I like to maintain a good balance of defense and attack.

I try to stay away from the 'high upkeep" items and just make sure every clan member is armed w/ 1 Physical, 1 Sensory, and 1 Mystical power.

With this strategy I have won 89% of all battles:
Total battles: 1730
Fights Won 1524
Fights Lost 206

Q: What are "attribute points" that I see in the "My Vamp" section?
A: When you select your attribute points (You receive 3 attributes every time you reach a new level) you are essentially chosing how strong each clan member will be when entering a battle.

For my character each clan member used will have Attack 1, Defense: 102.

With my strategy, when I am attacked it significantly lessens the damage that is done to me in a fight; making it more likely that I will do the most damage and win the fight just about every time (Well at least 89% of the time, I do attack higher levels quite frequently)

I hope all of this information helps you as you begin your quest to be
"legend" in the game.

2 comments:

  1. when attacking, do you always use all the powers you have? or only enough powers for each fighting clan member to fight with all 3 types of powers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot purchse anymore companions... It says: "You can only use a maximum of 500 clan members, you may prefer to discharge some of your current companions, or employ Zombies from the Cabal to expand your clan beyond that limit.You will need 8 additional clan members to oversee 1 new MegaCorporation CEO.

    I have over 1,000 clan members, but cannot add anymore companions... .any ideas? terrycoates@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete